CPA Australia is one of the world's largest accounting bodies with a global membership of more than 155,000 members working in 118 countries around the world, with more than 25,000 members working in senior leadership positions.
Our core services to members include education, training, technical support and advocacy. Employees and members work together with local and international bodies to represent the views and concerns of the profession to governments, regulators, industries, academia and the general public.
CPA Australia is known for being the world’s best member service organisation.
To maximise the share of people who want a career built on professional accounting skills.
What is a CPA?
A CPA is a finance, accounting and business professional with a specific qualification. Being a CPA is a mark of high professional competence. It indicates a soundness in depth, breadth and quality of accountancy knowledge.
CPAs are widely regarded by employers and members. It provides members with an internationally recognised qualification as well as the opportunity to complete specialist training and continuing professional development (CPD). To use the CPA designation, a member must:
- complete a degree or a postgraduate award recognised by CPA Australia
- complete the CPA Program, including three years of professional experience in finance, accounting or business
- undertake CPD activities each year
- comply to a strict code of conduct set by CPA Australia
To offer public accounting services, CPAs must also complete CPA Australia's Public Practice Program, which involves distance learning and an Intensive, and must hold a Public Practice Certificate in accordance with the CPA Australia's by-laws.
P: 1300 73 73 73 (within Australia)
P: +61 3 9606 9677 (outside of Australia)
Telephone enquiries opening hours
Please note, the 1300 73 73 73 number will be closed from 3.30pm (AEDT) Friday 23 December, and will reopen as normal on Wednesday 28 December.
Monday to Friday
8.30am – 7.00pm (AEST)
8.30am – 8.00pm (AEDT– during daylight saving)
- Membership renewals, updating your information, CPD review, or to confirm if someone is a CPA
- Becoming a member or membership assessments
- Migration assessments
- Existing CPA Program candidates, including Your Experience (formerly the practical experience requirement)
- Public practice and financial planning
- Training and events
- Foundation exams
Level 20, 28 Freshwater Place
Southbank VIC Australia 3006
Please note, the Member's Lounge will be closed from 3.30pm Friday 23 December until 8.30am Tuesday 3 January.
GPO Box 2820
Melbourne VIC Australia 3001.